[Oisf-users] libhtp1 version woes.

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon May 25 01:26:30 UTC 2015

Hi

On two of my sensors I get the following errors on starting suri:

suricata: error while loading shared libraries: libhtp-0.5.17.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

locate libhtp shows:
/usr/lib/libhtp-0.5.16.so.1
/usr/lib/libhtp-0.5.16.so.1.0.0

I am running on Ubuntu and installing off the oisf apt archive.  I tried installing the 2.1 beta and then went back to 2.08 but that did not fix the issue.

rful011 at secmonprd02:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/suricata
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2012680 May  7 19:32 /usr/bin/suricata

any ideas what is going on?

Russell