[Oisf-users] AF_Packet Mode vs. NFQUEUE Mode

Leonard Jacobs ljacobs at netsecuris.com
Fri Nov 13 14:00:59 UTC 2015

There is an issue with SonicWALL firewalls when using AF_Packet mode in Suricata running  on a server. Seems to be an incompatibilitu because packets drop. Loss of IPSec connectivity, in particular phase1 handshake, is experienced. If Suricata is inline with Lan side then lan traffic appears to get dropped.

We had this issue 2 years ago and Sonicwall tech support made some obscure change in their firewall to fix it. We just dont remember what the fix was.

I dont know if there is anything in Suricata that I could do to fix this. I have turned off all nic offliading.

Thanks.

Leonard
  _____