[Oisf-users] decoder.invalid count

Andreas Moe moe.andreas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:35:14 UTC 2015

Have you tried performing a tcpdump / tshark capture of the live traffic
alongside the realtime analyzed traffic? 1) Send traffic to Suricata,
collects stats for 30min, 2) At the same time perform dump of network
traffic to disk and analyze to see if the same discrepancies are found
there? With that fullcapture, you could also look into what kind of
protocols the network link is acctualy sending (if this is not 100% known
from before).

Haven't worked with that high MTUs in Suricata before, so dont have any
personal experience to say that that could or could not be an issue.

Someone else might probably have a better answer than this, sorry :)