[Oisf-users] High CPU usage without any rules

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 17:49:13 UTC 2015

Update:

I changed runmode: workers  and my cpu usage is now 50% ( from 270% to 50%)
sounds like making progress..

Following is my multithreading config can you suggest what else we can
tweak

threading:

  #
  set-cpu-affinity: yes
  # Tune cpu affinity of suricata threads. Each family of threads can be
bound
  # on specific CPUs.
  cpu-affinity:
    - management-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ 0 ]  # include only these cpus in affinity settings
    - receive-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ 0 ]  # include only these cpus in affinity settings
    - decode-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ 0, 1 ]
        mode: "balanced"
    - stream-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ "0-1" ]
    - detect-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ "1-7" ]
        mode: "exclusive" # run detect threads in these cpus
        # Use explicitely 3 threads and don't compute number by using
        # detect-thread-ratio variable:
        # threads: 3
        prio:
          low: [ 0 ]