[Oisf-users] New Post by OISF Board Member Randy Caldejon

Andreas Moe moe.andreas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:30:06 UTC 2015

That would be very interesting! But again this would need alot of time,
effort and not to mention money. Investing more in bugfixes, optimalization
and creating a solid platform to handle the needs, speeds and new features
of the future.

Some "next-gen" Firewalls, trying to implement "every" feature, to be a one
stop shop for "network security monitoring" often either have insane
hardware demands or fall short. Simply since they try to do every thing at
once. Firewalls do their job great, FireEye delivers a fantastic product in
their niche, Bro does a awsome job within its niche. But as an example,
Check Point does well, everything, and boasts about 100% detection rates
(NSS Labs tests), and similar.

TL;DR; Just my 2 (personal) cents. Quality over Quantity in the long run.

/AndreasM

P.s. please dont use the products and or vendors i mentioned to potentialy
derail this thread, they were just used to present my thoughts, any
"spin-offs" should be dealt with in a different thread or by personal mail.