[Oisf-users] Suricata generating fewer alerts than Snort

Spransy, Derek dsprans at emory.edu
Thu Oct 22 18:28:06 UTC 2015

Hi Cooper,

Thanks for the suggestions. We're using pfring autofp mode (using ZC drivers) rather than AF_Packet, though I could try that configuration. RSS is, I believe, disabled in ZC mode. I haven't seen a lot of documentation out there about using PF_RING ZC drivers, so perhaps I've missed something in that regard.

Also we are using Suricata optimized rules:
** GET http://rules.emergingthreatspro.com/<code>/suricata-2.0.9/etpro.rules.tar.gz ==> 200 OK (1s)

I disabled NIC offloading features for that interface as well, but it doesn't appear to have made any significant difference.

Thanks,
Derek