[Oisf-users] Suricata compilation issues with pf_ring

Jason Ish lists at unx.ca
Mon Sep 21 21:15:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Spransy, Derek <dsprans at emory.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My apologies if this has been asked and answered previously, but I'm new to the list. I'm attempting to compile Suricata 2.0.8 on RHEL 7 with pf_ring (zero-copy) support. I encountered some problems while running configure during the linking of the pf_ring libraries. I found another listserv post that suggested setting LIBS="-lrt -lnuma" prior to running configure. This does indeed get me past the problems linking pf_ring, but later on I believe it causes issues with linking libpcap and file. The necessary packages are installed, and if I compile Suricata without pf_ring support, everything configures and compiles as expected.
>
> Here's a link to the output that I get when I compile with the LIBS variable defined, and without:
> http://pastebin.com/8TfCAJQ3
>
> And here's a snipped of the errors in config.log when run configure with and without the LIBS variable defined:
> http://pastebin.com/SFz0GR26
>
> If anyone has seen this previously, can you suggest a workaround? Any help would be appreciated!

I wonder if this has more to do with how PF_RING was built?  I just
used the PF_RING packages for CentOS 7 and build Suricata just fine,
then I built it PF_RING with the latest git checkout and it built just
fine again - I also checked to make sure it was linking against the
pfring enabled libpcap.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time.