[Oisf-users] pf_ring and libnspr

Adam Witt AWitt at westernalliancebank.com
Fri Apr 8 15:14:29 UTC 2016

Victor / Edwin--

This helped, thank you.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Julien [mailto:lists at inliniac.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 3:22 AM
To: Adam Witt; oisf-users at lists.openinfosecfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [Oisf-users] pf_ring and libnspr

On 06-04-16 22:38, Adam Witt wrote:
> configure:18756: checking for nspr.h
> configure:18756: result: yes
> configure:18769: checking for PR_GetCurrentThread in -lnspr4
> configure:18794: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -march=native -I./../libhtp/  -I/opt/pfring/include -I/opt/pfring/include -I/opt/libcap-ng-0.7.4/include -I/usr/include/nspr4   -I/usr/include/nspr4   -L/opt/pfring/lib  -L/opt/pfring/lib  -L/opt/libcap-ng-0.7.4/lib  -L/lib64 conftest.c -lnspr4  -lpfring -lpcap -lnet -ljansson -lpthread -lyaml -lpcre  -lrt -lnuma -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl   >&5
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnuma
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Looks like you're missing libnuma. The pfring checks adds it to LIBS, tests after pfring use the updated LIBS and fail. Not pretty :)

Installing libnuma should fix this issue.

CONFIDENTIALITY. This email and any attachments are confidential, except where the email states it can be disclosed; it may also be privileged. If received in error, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete this email (and any attachments) from your system.
Need to send me a file too big for email? You can upload it at www.westernalliancebancorp.sharefile.com<http://www.westernalliancebancorp.sharefile.com/>