[Oisf-users] Fwd: UC Study highlights major cybersecurity threat

Cooper F. Nelson cnelson at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 18 00:53:31 UTC 2016

Copied message from the emerging-sigs list re: using suricata to detect
out-of-band attacks against the Linux TCP stack.

As an aside, this caused me to revisit my process for detecting SYN
floods.  Does anyone know if its possible to extract information re: SYN
packet rates and/or flow timeouts from the stream engine?

-Coop