[Oisf-users] Suricata Source and Destination IPs reversed on some alerts

Jeff H jeff61225 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 20:21:02 UTC 2016

I recently started running Suricata on the latest version of SELKS.

I noticed that I am getting alerts that should only trigger on inbound
traffic on outbound traffic.

The traffic in this example was caused by me entering the IP in a web
brower to generate this traffic.

In this example the IPs in the alert entry are reversed from what I would
think they should be. They are correct in the flow entry.

http://pastebin.com/3uuFvFwP

This next alert example is from the same host and it has what I would
expect the source and destination to be

http://pastebin.com/sQAmCMg8

Any thoughts on what could be going on here?