[Oisf-users] Preferred method to autostart on Freebsd

Brandon Reeves brandonreeves at outlook.com
Tue Aug 30 19:51:07 UTC 2016

We are using FreeBSD with a custom kernel (including netmap). We have the following lines in /etc/rc.conf:

suricata_enable="YES"
suricata_netmap="YES"

Is that all that we should need for suricata to start properly? We are in the process of tuning and it is not starting automatically, but can be started manually.

Our preferred end results is to have FreeBSD running suricata inline in IPS mode using netmap. We have purchased Silicom bypass cards in order to fail open in the event of service or device failure. We have recompile FreeBSD 10.3 to include netmap and it seems to work properly.

Any advice specific to FreeBSD, suricata, and netmap in IPS mode is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brandon