[Oisf-users] af_packet and rss queue count

erik clark philosnef at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:27:37 UTC 2016

Sorry, I missed the bottom there. I am using
https://github.com/JustinAzoff/can-i-use-afpacket-fanout to confirm that
flows are properly being assigned.

Be aware, this does NOT work with ESP traffic. I had seen reverse udp/tcp
failures and couldn't figure out why, so I pulled pcap for the events
(these are marked with source/dest information from the afpacket go
script), and saw that 99.7ish% of the events posted with reverse failures
were ESP traffic. Since I can't do anything with ESP content anyway, I
could not care less that these are failing, as there is no way to do
inspection on it.

To get udp6/tcp6, you just set them with -N as in the example, specifying
tcp6 instead of tcp4 and so on.