[Oisf-users] Alternatives to ET Pro?

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:11:17 UTC 2016

I have to agree. We have around 60Gbit of a very difficult traffic, that's been bringing every IDS but Suricata and Bro to its knees. My to mention the accuracy.

With enough tuning I've brought that down to around 20Gbit. Devices like Arista, Netoptics and others are very useful for that, especially if you really have a 100Gbit network (and not just interfaces).

As for the quality, i haven't seen anything similar to ET, with several places you can discuss the rules, even in public, instead of the usual "just trust us, here's a binary update for the rule set, can't help, your support contract sucks"

We run the "optimized" branch of Suricata 3.

Sent from my couch