[Oisf-users] Error: luastate pool init failed

Kevin Ross kevross33 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:14:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

On a relatively new build what causes this error which is preventing luajit
rules from working? I get this error which seems to be the base issue
before all the rule errors and luajit detect errors then occur:

(detect-lua.c:221) <Error> (DetectLuajitSetupStatesPool) -- [ERRCODE:
SC_ERR_LUA_ERROR(212)] - luastate pool init failed, lua/luajit keywords
won't work

The compile however goes ok for luajit:

[image: Inline images 1]

The system is running on Centos 7 with latest Suciricata Dev version
currently (as I upgraded to try and see if that fixes it and also because I
use forward proxy stuff). This runs in IDS mode only.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Ross