[Oisf-users] unusual packet loss

Yasha Zislin coolyasha at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:10:17 UTC 2016

Peter,
So I've found this article: https://home.regit.org/2013/11/using-linux-perf-tools-for-suricata-performance-analysis/Decided to give it a shot to see at which process exactly is the CPU saturation. I've recompiled suricata with that configure flag.After I've started the service on my problematic sensor, packet loss disappeared. Not sure what to think here. It is possible traffic might have changed but highly unlikely.BTW, perf top is still not showing suricata methods/functions even with that flag enabled.
I dont recall but I think i did try suricata 3.0 with the same result.
I will leave this sensor for now since it is working.