[Oisf-users] IPS alternatives to Snort's guardian?

John Devine john.devine at nuspire.com
Wed Jan 27 21:55:24 UTC 2016

Sorry. Thanks.

From: Andreas Herz <andi at geekosphere.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:46 PM
To: John Devine
Cc: oisf-users at lists.openinfosecfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [Oisf-users] IPS alternatives to Snort's guardian?

Please try to reply also to the mailinglist, thanks.

On 27/01/16 at 21:38, John Devine wrote:
> Thanks I will look into it. I am look specifically for something that
> can work in tandem with Suricata which will create iptables firewall
> rules based on alerts that Suricata generates. Guardian is a perl
> script which creates iptables drop rules based on Snort alerts but
> does not have functionality to manually unblock things that were
> blocked through the alerts generated.

Well you could also look into the unix-socket feature to gather those
information and then trigger ipset (which is something on my todo list).
But it looks like guardian just parses logfiles, which isn't that hard.
So you could build that logic and just have some iptables rule for a
blacklist set and when parsing the rules call ipset add blacklist $IP
timeout X.

--
Andreas Herz