[Oisf-users] what do I need to do to use Hyperscan

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 06:45:42 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Russell Fulton <r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

>> On 20 Jun 2016, at 23:12, Victor Julien <lists at inliniac.net> wrote:
>>
>> We're proud to announce *Suricata 3.1*.
>>
>> This release brings significant improvements on the performance side:
>> - Hyperscan integration for Multi Pattern Matcher and Single Pattern
>>  Matcher. If installed, Hyperscan is now the default.
>
> I am using suricata from Peter’s ubuntu packages.  It is not clear to me exactly what I need to take advantage of hyperscan.
>
> I assume I will need to install Hyperscan first?   anything else?

The PPA packages do not have support for Hyperscan  - simply because
there is no Hyperscan package for Ubuntu yet and I can't put it as a
package dependency in order to enable it.

To use Hyperscan on Ubuntu you would need to:
- Install Hyperscan -
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Hyperscan
- (re)compile suricata

> Russell