[Oisf-users] Application awareness

Vishal Kotalwar vishalkv at altencalsoftlabs.com
Wed Jul 20 06:38:51 UTC 2016

Thanks Andreas for the reply, appreciate it.

what I can tell you is, how I may use this feature (probable use cases)
if implemented.

1) Control or blocking of traffic: Example - I may want to allow
Facebook.com but block the games (say Farmville) or facebook chat

2) Statistics: I may want to know how many people are using Chrome
browser in my network, more detailed could be chrome from desktop/laptop
and mobile; next level could be which OS on those devices (e.g. windows,
linux, mac, Blackberry, android, ios etc)

3) Rate limit: I may want to rate limit video/audio streaming
applications on my network to free up bandwidth

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vishal V. Kotalwar