[Oisf-users] Suricata with IRQBalance

Yasha Zislin coolyasha at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:48:39 UTC 2016

I have HP NC522SFP 10 gig card. I cant seem to find any smp affinity scripts for it. Everything that I find is for Intel cards.

So I've managed manually to set SMP affinity (I think that's what affinity script does).

I now see this:

56:  196392516     279411  170491518 3411880048   PCI-MSI-edge      eth0
 57:          0          0          0          0   PCI-MSI-edge      eth0:1
 58:          0          0          0          0   PCI-MSI-edge      eth0:2
 59:          0          0          0          0   PCI-MSI-edge      eth0:3

What are the other 3 IRQs used for (eth0:1, eth0:2, eth0:3)? Am I supposed to get hits on that as well.

Even though I found another process which was hogging one of the CPUs, packet loss has not been eliminated.
I only have couple of million packets per minute and 30% packet loss.