[Oisf-users] Trouble with suricata

Sergey Malinkin malinkinsa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 06:26:49 UTC 2016

Hello, i have a trouble.
We clone VM with suricata 3. But suricata did not catch anything. Empty
fast.log, ssh.json In original place (where does a copy of VM suricata work
fine)
If i run tcpdump i can see the mirroring traffic, for example i test on
next rule:

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"SSH in internal net";
flow:established, to_server; content: "SSH-"; sid:100999; rev:1;)

I connect to the VM, another unix pc and nothing in fast.log or ssh.json

>From suricata.yaml:

- fast:
      enabled: yes
      filename: fast.log
      append: yes
      #filetype: regular # 'regular', 'unix_stream' or 'unix_dgram'

- eve-log:
      enabled: yes
      type: file
      filename: ssh.json