[Oisf-users] Testers: please test our initial Hyperscan support

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 07:56:09 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Brandon Lattin <lattin at umn.edu> wrote:
> Initial testing here is showing a significant performance (on the order of
> 1.5-2x) jump using 3.1RC1 w/hyperscan.

That is great to hear :)

> I'll get some actual numbers posted within the next two weeks.

If i may I was wondering if it would be possible to compare hyperscan
running with:
detect.sgh-mpm-context = auto

as opposed to

detect.sgh-mpm-context = full

I know it is easier said than done - but if there is a possibility for
some feedback it is greatly appreciated.

> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 3:07 AM, Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Cooper F. Nelson <cnelson at ucsd.edu>
>> wrote:
>> > Setting a stream depth, but no sampling bpf.
>> >

>> Excellent....

>> > --
>> > Cooper Nelson
>> > Network Security Analyst
>> > UCSD ITS Security Team
>> > cnelson at ucsd.edu x41042
>> >

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Peter Manev
>> Suricata User Conference November 9-11 in Washington, DC:
>> http://oisfevents.net
>

> --
> Brandon Lattin
> Security Analyst
> University of Minnesota - University Information Security
> Office: 612-626-6672

Peter Manev