[Oisf-users] classifications/references/rules directly in suricata.yaml

elof2 at sentor.se elof2 at sentor.se
Mon Mar 21 12:19:31 UTC 2016

What is the syntax if I want to put classifications/references/rules
directly in the suricata.yaml file?

Example:
If I comment out the reference-config-file and add references manually,
using the same syntax as in the file, suricata won't start.

#reference-config-file: /usr/local/etc/suricata/reference.config
config reference: bugtraq   http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/
config reference: bid	    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/
config reference: cve       http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=
...etc...

Configuration node 'config reference' redefined.
SC_ERR_CONF_YAML_ERRORESC - Failed to parse configuration file at line 1222: mapping values are not allowed in this context

So what should the yaml look like when adding classifications, references
or rules directly in suricata.yaml?

/Elof