[Oisf-users] Luajit access to entire reassembled payload?

Rasmor, Zachary R zachary.r.rasmor at lmco.com
Wed Mar 30 18:27:50 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am wondering if there is support for accessing the entire reassembled
payload from a luajit script, similar to what you would find in the
'payload_printable' value within an alert in the eve.json (if the alert
fired against the stream). I would like to call a luajit script from an
'only_stream' rule and access the entire reassembled payload.

I originally thought this could be accomplished through 'needs['payload']',
but through testing and reviewing the documentation, I'm thinking this is
only valid for individual packet payloads .

Thanks for the clarification!

Zach

Zach Rasmor

Senior Software Engineer

Lockheed Martin CIRT

700 N Frederick Ave | Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Email:  <mailto:zachary.r.rasmor at lmco.com> zachary.r.rasmor at lmco.com

Office: 301.240.6116