[Oisf-users] Block any uploading

Cooper F. Nelson cnelson at ucsd.edu
Fri Mar 18 19:54:57 UTC 2016

I haven't tried it personally, but here are the details on using
suricata's GeoIP functionality.

> https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/GeoIP

So if you were running suricata in IPS mode you could write a 'drop'
rule to detect file uploads via the web and then add a negation rule to
only allow Singapore IPs.  E.g. geoip:src,!SG

*But*, I personally wouldn't do this via suricata.  I would use a
reverse proxy (like Squid), or mod_security, so that blocked users would
get a web page telling them why their upload was blocked.

-Coop

On 3/17/2016 12:07 PM, Mesra.net CEO wrote:
> That rules is filter by geoip for only Singapore IP are allow to upload
> any files via the web, the rest will be denied, how can i make a
> Suricata rules with my requirment?
>
> Please help and thank you so much

Network Security Analyst
UCSD ITS Security Team