[Oisf-users] classifications/references/rules directly in suricata.yaml

elof2 at sentor.se elof2 at sentor.se
Mon Mar 21 15:59:01 UTC 2016

Hi Victor.

Oh.
Doh.

This is clearly something that I request.
Is this possible to do in a future version?

Some reasons/motives:
I want to add a custom reference while not interfering with the conf-files
managed by the pkg system, i.e. I don't want to modify
/usr/local/etc/suricata/reference.config.
I also prefer adding my custom config in the yaml file and not creating a
second /usr/local/etc/suricata/reference.config.local.

It is more convenient to test things when all can be put into *one* file.
Then you can easily copy it to another machine.

If you manage hundreds of sensors, it is easier to "compile" one big
suricata.yaml file per sensor and distribute it from a central place than
distributing the conf-part in one file, rules in others, references and
classifications in yet others.

/Elof