[Oisf-users] suricata not logging

Tamás tamas at adatbazis.eu
Sun May 1 14:47:49 UTC 2016

Hi all!

I have installed Debian 7.10 and Suricata 3.0.1.

suricata run command:

suricata -D --pidfile /var/run/suricata.pid -c
/etc/suricata/suricata.yaml --af-packet=eth0

then run perfectly, creates log, etc... but if

suricata -D --pidfile /var/run/suricata.pid -c
/etc/suricata/suricata.yaml -q 0

suricata no creates log, does not write /var/log/suricata/*.log files,
and nothing happens...

This is a VirtualBox Virtual Machine with 1 NIC. I have installed 3 vbox
machine and problem is really exists on all 3 servers.

Outgoing traffic is logged, only ingoing traffic is not logged.

Anyone can help?