[Oisf-users] Suricata under libvirt

Chris Boley ilgtech75 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 23:12:42 UTC 2016

I have been playing with using suricata ' inline ' using KVM/QEMU
<http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html> by way of the libvirt toolkit.
I realize that the setups will vary wildly based on the hardware platform
capabilities. I'm wondering if anyone else here on the list could share
with me any experiences they've had on the networking I/O side of things
like tuning specifically for where it concerns suricata. For example, how
you have set up network configs on both the host systems and guest OS's to
get the best performance?
I've already got a config that's working, I'm just not sure it's the best
way to go about it.
 If anybody can let me know I'd be really interested in getting that input.
Hopefully this is an appropriate topic for the list.
Thanks in advance,
Chris