[Oisf-users] Description of statistic values.

Charles DeVoe scarecrow_57 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 18:13:09 UTC 2016

First - Kudos to the OISF team for an excellent conference with excellent speakers.  Well worth the time.

Next, in the Suricata stats file there are many counters/values.  Some of them are intuitively obvious as to what they are (almost).  Is there someplace where there is a description of what all of these values are measuring and how they are measured?

I have an environment with 150 sensors all measuring 150 unique networks all with different hardware.  My objective is to create an application or script that will examine these values to give me a score on how well the sensor is performing.  I intend to include CPU, Memory, and Network utilization as well as examine the settings in the YAML file.

I checked the Document and it doesn't really tell me what they all mean.

Thanks in Advance.