[Oisf-users] eve.json logging issues

Adam Witt AWitt at westernalliancebank.com
Tue Nov 22 00:08:03 UTC 2016

+1, adding signature logic to alert output would be a nice convenience.

In that same context, would it be interesting to look at optionally appending signature logic related to flowbits as well? Specifically the signatures which 'set' flowbits required for an alert to fire. My initial thinking is the alert log could include both the alert signature, and the logic for flowbit-related signatures which remained set in the 'flowvars' structure at the time an alert signature matched. I may be considering the wrong aspects of Suricata for the development piece - but this might help provide a well-rounded representation of the decision-making involved in a given alert firing.

--
Adam