[Oisf-users] Would it be possible to run a query per http request?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Nov 28 11:11:14 UTC 2016

Hey,

Well I am using squid but squid breaks some traffic and I prefer to be less invasive or at-least to not break connections if I can.
In squid version 4 there is a big progress on that point but I want to know the options.
If I know I can answer clearly to others that asked and asks me.
Actually I like urlfilterdb and I was inspired by it and by the developer which gave lot's of point and I eventually wrote and published SquidBlocker[http://new.ngtech.co.il/squidblocker_en.html] which I am using as a client daily.
It's just that there are other products which costs money that offers a more "complete" and stable solution.
I do now know lua very much but maybe I will get into it to try and test the concept of using surricata with a DB backend.

Thanks for the pointers and help,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru