[Oisf-users] secondary way to identify size of packet?

David Wharton oisf at davidwharton.us
Wed Apr 5 15:57:26 UTC 2017

How do you have a HTTP session that is only 5-6 bytes?  Why would you
need to even use a negated http_host if you are using dsize since "Host:
" is already six bytes?

If it is the first application layer packet in the stream, you can use
stream_size; for 6 bytes or less (coming from client):

stream_size:client,<,8;

or for 5-6 bytes:

stream_size:client,<,8; stream_size:client,>,6;

stream_size is based on sequence numbers so you have to keep in mind the
3WHS.

-David