[Oisf-users] OT: A question about ELK and Suricata

jason taylor jtfas90 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:57:19 UTC 2017

Filebeat has worked quite well for us. If you can use it in your
environment, I would recommend it as well.

Filebeat has a native json codec and since suricata can output
everything into json logs it's trivial to get things shipped and
indexed. It also has the ability to do SSL so everything being shipped
is encrypted to (in our case) the logstash indexers.

JT