[Oisf-users] Is there a guide how to add a new application layer protocol plugin

Tom DeCanio decanio.tom at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 21:35:09 UTC 2017

You're welcome! I just pushed another feature/dhcp-v3 branch to the repo.
This fixes a race condition that can occur (mostly in with running with -r
file.pcap mode when running with multiple packet processing threads.  If
the request/response got processed out of order the src_ip and dest_ip
wound up with 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 respectively which I didn't like.  So
I arranges things so that the ip address pair from the response is always
used in the log output which is more meaningful and leads to less confusion.

If you have suggestions for improvements or additional functionality in the
DHCP code let me know and I'll look into adding it.

PR should happen soon.

Tom