[Oisf-users] Suricata stops seeing packets, afpacket

Chris Fauerbach chrisfauerbach at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 13:39:47 UTC 2017

Good morning all!       I’ve deployed Suricata 3.2.1 across a few dozen
CentOS 7 based sensors, and I see an occasional issue with sensors in a
virtual environment (may be a red herring).

After a period of time, Suricata stops getting packets from the af packet
interface.

The NIC still gets packets, confirmed with /proc/dev/net..

Has anyone seen this before?

It's rare, and I can't find any error messages in log files.

It takes a Suricata restart to start seeing packets again.

(moderator, sorry for the multiple emails, something was up with my
subscription)