[Oisf-users] High ICMP Ping Latency in Workers Runmode

Peter Fyon peter.fyon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:32:20 UTC 2017

The realtek adapters have worked fine in the past. Cheap, but functional.
I'm not pushing much data through this box (30ish mbit), which hasn't
caused any issues for suricata in the past, even with ~18000 rules.

Upgrading the kernel to 4.4.0 did the trick. The ping times are back down
to normal under workers. Maybe when I upgraded suricata to 3.2, I also
upgraded the kernel to one of the bad versions.

Thanks for the help!

Peter