[Oisf-users] [Question] suricata test with pcap-file(After upgrading the suricata version(2.0.11 --> 3.2))

Andreas Herz andi at geekosphere.org
Fri Jan 13 21:19:16 UTC 2017

On 12/01/17 at 10:48, 박경호 wrote:
> After upgrading the version from 2.0.11 to 3.2, I did the test again.
> Unfortunately, alert messages were different whenever the suricata was
> run with same a pcap-file.

Can you be more verbose about that?

> I didn't change the configure file(suricata.yaml) and pcap-file's size
> is 693MB.  (pc memory is 8GB, cpu is intel i5-4460, os is Ubuntu
> 16.06)

Can you try to reproduce the issue with a smaller pcap file that you can
share with us?

> please explain to me about this situation.

I still need more details about your suricata configuration, how do you
run suricata, what did you configure?

An easy way to reproduce that for us will help to find a solution (after
we found what's the real issue you have).

--
Andreas Herz