[Oisf-users] [Question] suricata test with pcap-file(After upgrading the suricata version(2.0.11 --> 3.2))

박경호 pgh5247 at naver.com
Mon Jan 16 08:15:17 UTC 2017

I did the test to use two smaller pcap files. one is 111MB and another is 66MB.
when i run the suricata twice with 111MB pcap file, the alert messages are different.
But when i run the suricata twice with 66MB pcap file, the alert messagte is same.
I merged the two pcap files(45MB, 66MB) to one pcap file(111MB) using wire-shark.

Is the this issue  computing resources?(specially ram memory issue?)

Can you recommend me  how much memory i need in the following situation?
when i check some pcap files which the size is more than 1GB with suricata,  how much memory do i  need?

And,
If I add the memory in my computer, which parts are changed in configuration file(suricata.yaml)?