[Oisf-users] suricata 3.2.0 for 10Gb performance

Maxim hittlle at 163.com
Fri Jan 20 01:08:27 UTC 2017

Hi Cooper,
Thanks very much. I could not open http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=148181173415107&w=2 to patch my ixgbe driver. I use ixgbe-4.4.6, the latest version downloaded from Intel official site. Do I need to patch it? Could you please share your experience to optimize suricata performance? Could you please send me a list? Currently, I use multiple queues and RSS, and plus RFS, and my setup can process nearly 5 gigabits of traffic per second. I wanna try your way, that is single receive queue + RFS. Another question is that what size of RX queue should I set? Does this size have something to do with CPU layer 3 cache size? I used perf to record my cache misses, my cache miss rate is nearly 50%, maybe I can reduce this. Many thanks.

Hittlle