[Oisf-users] question about command input parameter for pcap

tidy at holonetsecurity.com tidy at holonetsecurity.com
Fri Jul 28 07:19:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

I saw the following command parameter which both are running for pcap mode, the first "-i" need input dev and the second “—pcap” can read dev from configuration.

USAGE: ./suricata [OPTIONS] [BPF FILTER]

	-i <dev or ip>                       : run in pcap live mode
	--pcap[=<dev>]                       : run in pcap mode, no value select interfaces from suricata.yaml

So, my question is: when I run suricata with "-pcap” and there was no mmap enabled for “-pcap” mode, are these running parameter are the same?

Thanks,
Tidy