[Oisf-users] Tired With Spammer

Kare privat at it-connect-linux.de
Sat Jul 15 07:35:54 UTC 2017

Suricata does not know, who is legitim to access any service on your server
I recommend you to use ipset to block those attackers by filter most
used ip's, which you can find for example with:

#!/bin/bash

# Daily fail2ban report
echo ""
echo "Fail2ban report for $(hostname)"
echo "================================================="
echo ""
echo "Today:"
grep "Ban " /var/log/fail2ban.log | grep $(date +%Y-%m-%d) | awk '{print
$NF}' | sort | awk '{print $1,"("$1")"}' | logresolve | uniq -c | sort -n
echo ""
echo "Summery:"
awk '($(NF-1) = /Ban/){print $NF}' /var/log/fail2ban.log | sort | uniq
-c | sort -n
echo ""
echo "Subnets:"
zgrep -h "Ban " /var/log/fail2ban.log* | awk '{print $NF}' | awk -F\.
'{print $1"."$2"."}' | sort | uniq -c  | sort -n | tail
echo ""

I also recommend you to use blocklist services with ipset to filter
blacklisted ip's

regards, Kare