[Oisf-users] File extraction - keep file name/extension?

Victor Julien lists at inliniac.net
Thu Jun 29 12:24:18 UTC 2017

On 27-06-17 16:53, Brian Hennigar wrote:
> When using file extraction, is it possible to keep the original file
> name instead of file.<id> and file.<id>.meta?   Or to avoid having files
> with the same name, something like file.<id>.extension

No it's not. I think it could be interesting to expose all required
logic to our lua output script support so that you could write your own
logic.

In general I consider the file names to be untrusted input though. It
could be controlled by an attacker so feeding it to the file system
directly seems risky. Thats why the current solution was chosen.