[Oisf-users] Suricata for commercial use

Vishal Kotalwar vishalkv at altencalsoftlabs.com
Thu Mar 16 10:29:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

     I know that Suricata is GPLv2 licensed and using this as it is for
commercial use is difficult if not impossible considering the "at arms
length" communication  (most likely over IPC) required to keep it
non-GPL. I see some commercial solutions available based on suricata
engine (Bricata, being one of them). So these commercial solutions do
really separate out suricata and their proprietary part or there is some
other way? I read on website  about non-GPL licenses being available.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vishal V. Kotalwar