[Oisf-users] [E] Re: Inline IPS with NFQUEUE, mysql server FIN packet got dropped

zhao.li at verizon.com zhao.li at verizon.com
Mon Mar 20 15:54:24 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the late response, just got a chance to get back on this issue.
I did check stats.log, which shows exactly what has been mentioned in the
ticket: ips.blocked counter is increasing.

As mentioned in the ticket, this is caused by "a faulty configuration
(only one part of the connection was send into the NFQUEUE)², I¹d like to
understand further:
We have NFQUEUE rules in both INPUT chain and OUTPUT chain (on all
packets, for testing), how come ³only one part of the connection was send
to NFQ²?

Btw, Suricata version we¹re running is 3.2.

Thanks,
Zhao

On 3/1/17, 4:25 PM, "Oisf-users on behalf of Andreas Herz"
<oisf-users-bounces at lists.openinfosecfoundation.org on behalf of