[Oisf-users] Suricata crashes running mpipe in tilera fr

Ian French tohitsugu at gmail.com
Sat May 20 09:21:25 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Been struggling with this for a couple weeks now. My company has a few
different Tilera machines, including the w
Wildcat(?), the Garfield, and the FR. After reading about the results
achieved using suricata on the tile architecture I attempted to try it out
on the FR, it being the newest of our machines.

For whatever reason I cannot get suricata to run using mPipe without the
whole box locking up and requiring a hard reset. I have tried using both
the version available on github, as well as the ez-suricata tar package
that was provided by Tilera. Suricata does run in other modes, but without
mpipe there isnt nearly as much of a performance increase, at least not
from what Ive seen on my machines, even with logging disabled and a
barebones useragent rule set.

Has anyone had this issue? I could post my yaml config, but aside from
changing the mpipe interfaces everything else was left as is. I also
noticed that there are some changes between the ez version and the one on
github - the one on github requires libraries that I cannot seem to find as
referenced to in the readme, which I solved by sourcing them elsewhere. Id
like to assume this hasnt caused problems as they are both compiled from
source, but I could be mistaken.

If anyone is able to help I will gladly share whatever information or
details requested.

Thanks!

Ian F