[Oisf-users] Tuning guide

Cloherty, Sean E scloherty at mitre.org
Wed May 17 13:53:25 UTC 2017

If you are using AF-PACKET (and why wouldn't you), the attached spreadsheet may help.  It is derived from Peter Manev's highly detailed review of various configuration options and their affect on memory utilization.  http://pevma.blogspot.com/2015/10/suricata-with-afpacket-memory-of-it-all.html

I began creating this during a Suricata training class so I could save time when testing different configurations.  Peter has reviewed it for accuracy and correct nomenclature.  I hope that it will be of some use to the community.

Sean Cloherty