[Oisf-users] problem with af-packet on host

erik clark philosnef at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:03:04 UTC 2017

Ok, so we found our problem. Turns out that kernel 4.13.4-1.elrepo.x86_64
does not work with Suricata for af_packet fanout. By downgrading to kernel
4.12.8-1.elrepo.x86_64, this worked again. Please advise as to why this
kernel does not seem to work. It properly fans out for Bro, so it seems to
be something specific to Suri. Thanks!