[Oisf-users] How to prevent Suricata from inspecting traffic already locally blocked by iptables

Kevin Branch kevin at branchnetconsulting.com
Thu Apr 26 17:11:36 UTC 2018

 Thanks for writing Giuseppe,

I have already installed the nflog packages you mentioned, via apt, but
when I run the new command line, it throws a new error:

# suricata -c /etc/suricata/suricata.yaml --nflog
26/4/2018 -- 13:03:06 - <Notice> - This is Suricata version 4.0.4 RELEASE
26/4/2018 -- 13:03:11 - <Error> - [ERRCODE: SC_ERR_INVALID_ARGUMENT(13)] -
initdata == NULL
26/4/2018 -- 13:03:11 - <Error> - [ERRCODE: SC_ERR_THREAD_INIT(49)] -
thread "W#01-10" failed to initialize: flags 0145
26/4/2018 -- 13:03:11 - <Error> - [ERRCODE: SC_ERR_INITIALIZATION(45)] -
Engine initialization failed, aborting...

Does --nflog require some kind of argument?

Pretty cryptic to me.  Thanks for helping me take a look at this.

Kevin