[Oisf-users] Myricom and Suricata

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:42:19 UTC 2018

Here is a short script I use to run Suricata on Myricom. Not that this configuration makes any sense since 2016 you're better off with Intel X710.

#!/bin/bash

CPU_NUM=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -E 'model name' | wc -l`

if [[ "${CPU_NUM}" -eq 32 ]]; then
    export SNF_NUM_RINGS=16
elif [[ "${CPU_NUM}" -eq 56 ]]; then
    export SNF_NUM_RINGS=28
else
    exit 1;
fi

(that part is just a nice to have, export SNF_NUM_RINGS to whatever you want)

(change to match your deployment of course, keep the dataring 4x the descring size)

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/snf/lib
export SNF_DATARING_SIZE=34359738368
export SNF_DESCRING_SIZE=8589934592

(Export this to get useful debug messages during startup. Does not impact the runtime performance)

export SNF_DEBUG_MASK=0x3

/opt/suricata/bin/suricata -c /etc/nsm/suricata.yaml --pcap=snf0

If that fails, please send full log to the mailng list.

--
M.