[Oisf-users] Suricata as a Web Firewall.

Charles Devoe Charles.Devoe at cisecurity.org
Wed Dec 5 16:47:27 UTC 2018

Recently I have been thinking that Suricata has the ability to be a Wen Application Firewall (WAF).  It inspects the layer 7 traffic and can block traffic based on the signature

Is theer a reason why Suricat could not be used as a WAF?  Peronally, it seems ot me that If I can use the same tool to accomplish two things I will be further ahead as I won't have to learn another tool.

This message and attachments may contain confidential information. If it appears that this message was sent to you by mistake, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.

. . . . .