[Oisf-users] Suricata as a Web Firewall.

Charles Devoe Charles.Devoe at cisecurity.org
Fri Dec 7 13:46:57 UTC 2018

My thought here was using a different intel source that has WAF specific rules and modifying the rules to work with Suricata.  The WAF and IDS would be deployed separately.  By doing this we become experts in one engine (Suricata) while performing both functions.  As a disclaimer I have never set up a WAF and I am not a rules writing expert.